"THANK YOU" TO EVERYONE FOR THE SUPPORT OF THIS SPECIAL G3.
We raised over $2,300 for printing, promotional and press efforts to fight SB1062.
Individual liberty, justice and equality for all Arizona citizens was threatened by SB1062 which would have allowed and protected discriminatory acts by individuals, businesses and non-profit organizations under the guise of "Religious Principles." It was primarily aimed at LGBTI people but was a threat to all. 100% of all donations accepted at the door and 100% of all bar sales and tips were collected and used for printing and promotional needs to fight this bill. It was an all-volunteer effort so no organizational or administrative costs were incurred.
An oversight committee comprised of Pete King, Wendell Hicks and Liane Wong oversee and approve how funds are used. Since the Governor vetoed the bill unexpectedly early, remaining funds (approximately $1,100) will be used in a manner that is consistent with the goal of preventing discrimination against LGBTI people in Arizona. That decision will be posted as well on the G3 website and Facebook page.
• Over 500 "VETO" signs printed and distributed to area businesses
• Door-to-door canvasing of all businesses on Congress and 4th Ave
• Widespread media coverage, including TV, radio and front page of
Arizona Daily Star
• Produced the communities only significant fundraising event
• Multiple television interviews and TV backdrop for live news broadcasts
• Underwriting and production of signage and balloons for Thank You rally